News & Publications
TEMPORARY PROTECTED STATUS (TPS) –
Click here for a list of countries and rules.
USCIS NEW FEE SCHEDULE - EFFECTIVE October 2, 2020 -
Click here for USCIS immigration form fee schedule chart.
Read the 9th Circuit Order maintaining the Temporary Restraining Order.
Liberians Can File for their Green Card
Eligibility for Adjustment of Status -
In order to be eligible for a Green Card under the LRIF, you must meet the following requirements:
1. You properly file Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status by Dec. 20, 2020;
2. You are a national of Liberia;
3. You have been continuously physically present in the United States during the period beginning on November 20, 2014, and ending on the date you properly file your Form I-485;
4. You are otherwise eligible for an immigrant visa; and
4. You are admissible to the United States for lawful permanent residence or eligible for a waiver of inadmissibility or other form of relief.
The following grounds of inadmissibility do not apply to applicants under the LRIF:
Public Charge (INA 212(a)(4));
Labor Certification Requirements (INA 212(a)(5));
Aliens Present Without Admission or Parole (INA 212(a)(6)(A)); and
Documentation Requirements (INA 212(a)(7)(A)).
Aliens are ineligible under LRIF if they have:
Been convicted of any aggravated felony;
Been convicted of two or more crimes involving moral turpitude (other than a purely political offense); or
Ordered, incited, assisted or otherwise participated in the persecution of any person on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion.